Answering yes to several of the following signs and symptoms may indicate the presence of an anxiety disorder:
- Are you constantly tense, worried, or on edge?
- Does your anxiety interfere with your work, school, or family responsibilities?
- Do you have a lot of fears that you know are irrational but that you cannot control?
- Are you afraid something bad will happen if certain things are not done a certain way?
- Do you avoid everyday situations or activities because they cause you anxiety?
- Do you experience sudden, unexpected panic attacks?
- Do you feel like danger and catastrophe are around every corner?
- Do you avoid social situations for fear of doing something humiliating?